You want to start developing JavaFX 2.0 applications, but you don't know what software is required to be installed, then this is right JavaFX tutorial for you.
You will need to install the following software in order to get started with JavaFX 2.0:
Download and Install
Download software from these links:
- JDK 7 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- JavaFX 2.0 SDK http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javafx/downloads/index.html
- Eclipse IDE http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-372/indigosr2
Installing process is pretty easy, as any other typical software installation, so I won't explain it.
Setting up Eclipse IDE for development
When you finish installing all of these files, follow the steps below to start developing your first JavaFX 2.0 application. First application will be "Hello, World", because it's best example for starting learning any programming language. Before that, we need to configure Eclipse IDE, so follow the steps below.-->
- Open Eclipse IDE
- In the File menu, select New Project and then select Java Project, and specify HelloWorld for your project name.This is described in Image 1.
- Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries -> Add External Jars and add jfxrt.jar Here is my location of that file: C:\Program Files\Oracle\JavaFX 2.0 Runtime\libThis is described in Image 2 and Image 3.
Now you are ready for writing JavaFX 2.0 code for Hello, World application.